Chapel Hill, NC - Toughturtle LLC, a developer of innovative solutions for the Internet and for Mobile devices, recently announced the release of a significant update to StockWatch, their Phone and iPod Touch App. StockWatch is an easy to use and intuitive market quote and portfolio tracking App that allows quick and easy tracking of your investments with personalized watchlists and portfolios all from the convenience of your iPhone or iPod Touch.
"The newest version of StockWatch, 4.01, is a major update to the software from the previous versions", said Todd Barnes, Lead Developer, Toughturtle. "The entire App was re-engineered from the ground-up with a whole host of new features and functions and an easy to use interface that is more true to the device's touch capabilities. We have listened to the suggestions of our users over the past two years and think we have come close to making StockWatch the best way to track your investments from virtually anywhere."
Now more than ever, you can track your investments similar to the way you do on your broker's website. StockWatch allows you the flexibility to create unlimited portfolios with custom naming functions and the ability to add a cash amount to the portfolio. Within each portfolio you can create unlimited watchlists that can hold an unlimited number of lots for you to track your gains and losses. Tapping on a symbol will allow you to see detailed information about that symbol including last trade, bid, 1-year target, EPS, and much more. In addition to the detailed symbol information, each symbol allows you read symbol-specific news feeds and ten different full screen charts powered by Yahoo! Finance.
"The next version of StockWatch, 4.02, has already been developed and is awaiting approval from Apple", said Todd Barnes. "It has some bug fixes in it, including the highly anticipated London Stock Exchange pence-to-pound conversion fix, AND some very exciting special features that we, and our users, are very excited about. We plan on announcing this new version at WWDC and look forward to hearing what everyone thinks."
With the newest release of StockWatch you will get the following features, and a whole lot more:
* Create unlimited Watchlists with unlimited symbols: Stock, Mutual Funds, Indices, Commodities, and Options
* Create unlimited Portfolios and personalize them with custom Names, Descriptions, and Cash Amounts
* Add unlimited Symbols to any existing Portfolio or Watchlist
* Add unlimited Lots to each Symbol within each Portfolio with Quantity, PPS, Date, and Commission
* Get detailed and constantly updated (if enabled) Prices, Gains, Costs, Values
* Tap-to-Change buttons that toggle between different Prices, Gains, Costs, and Values on listing pages: Watchlist, Portfolio Watchlist, and Lot Listing
* Detailed information for each Symbol: Last Trade, Trade Time, Change, Percent Change, Previous Close, Open, Day Range, 52w Range, Bid, Ask, Volume, Avg. Volume, 1Y Target, Market Cap, P/E, EPS, Div, Yield (where available)
* Full Screen Charts from Yahoo! Finance (where available)
* News feeds from Yahoo! Finance (where available)
* On/Off choice for Tap-to-Change button sounds
* On/Off choice for Auto-Fetch functionality
* Variable frequency for Auto-fetch
* Data Import for 3.x users
* iPhone / iPod Touch: OS 2.0
* Internet connectivity
Pricing and Availability:
StockWatch is available for purchase on the Apple AppStore for $2.99 (USD), and is available worldwide.
StockWatch was first available to iPhone and iPod Touch users as a Web App in 2007, and was re-engineered and released for the iTunes App Store in the summer of 2008. StockWatch uses Yahoo! Finance as the data provider which means that the symbol formats will need to adhere to Yahoo! Finance syntax. Quotes are delayed, on average, 15 minutes.
The following worldwide Exchanges are supported in StockWatch: USA / Canada: NYSE, NASDAQ, ASE, CBT, CME, NYB, CMX, NYM, OBB, PK, TOR, VAN Europe: AMS, BAR, BER, BIL, CPH, DUS, EBS, FRA, GER, HAM, HAN, LSE, MAD, MCE, MIL, MUN, OSL, PAR, STO, STU, SWX, VIE Asia Pacific: ASX, BSE, CPH, HKG, JKT, KOE, KSC, NSI, NZE, SES, SHH, SHZ, TAI, TLV, TWO
Established in November 1997, Toughturtle LLC develops innovative and easy to use interactive applications for the Internet and for Mobile Devices. For more information about Toughturtle, please visit their website. Copyright 2009 Toughturtle LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. ###